“The Conexus Interns program is an imperative step to help our industry in Indiana fill the needs of future jobs and to have a well-rounded group of candidates prepared to take on those positions.”
– Andy Martindale, Cardinal Fastener
High school students who are Conexus Interns leave the 6-week summer program with a greater appreciation of advanced manufacturing and logistics careers. For some students, the internship is a career-changer.
The Conexus Interns program gives students hands-on, work-based experience while providing companies a head start on recruiting future talent. The program is one of Conexus Indiana’s most powerful platforms for building a ready and eager talent pipeline.
About Conexus Interns
In partnership with industry leaders, Conexus Indiana created an internship program framework, which is fully compliant with state and federal labor laws and provides a detailed guide for hosting interns and a roadmap for a successful summer internship.
- Internships are open to students 16 years old and older who have participated in advanced manufacturing, logistics, engineering and IT high school coursework.
- Internships are held during the summer for six weeks. Students are employed full time.
- Conexus Indiana provides a stipend to cover up to $10 an hour per student intern for up to 240 hours to companies participating in the program the first time. For companies participating a second or third time, Conexus provides a stipend to cover up to $5 per hour per student for up to 240 hours.
- Conexus Indiana helps to recruit and screen eligible students.
- The internship includes participation in a 2-day summit where interns from across the state gather in Indianapolis to network, participate in meaningful projects and gain employability skills.
In partnership with industry, academic, philanthropic and public-sector leaders, Conexus Indiana provides the strategies and platforms for Hoosiers and businesses to excel in increasingly innovative and technology-focused industry sectors.
Our work is organized around four pillars that – together – develop skilled talent, identify opportunities for future business growth and create pathways for a successful transition into a new industry environment defined by advanced technologies, automation and data.
Forges industry-led collaborations and builds engagement platforms to optimize advanced manufacturing and logistics competitiveness
Anticipates industry needs and catalyzes the advanced manufacturing and logistics industries to be global innovation leaders in digital transformation and Industry 4.0 adoption
Inspires the advanced manufacturing and logistics workforce of today and tomorrow by furthering a robust talent continuum
IMAGE & AWARENESS
Amplifies success stories of the industry’s impact and importance to elevate the image and understanding of advanced manufacturing and logistics
The Conexus Interns program is among the many successful talent development programs Conexus and its partners deliver to inspire the workforce of today and tomorrow.
For more information or to apply to be a Summer 2020 Intern, go to WWW.CONEXUSINDIANA.COM