CAF Scholarship Program
The Construction Advancement Foundation is delighted to invest in the future of the construction industry by awarding scholarships to Northwest Indiana students who are pursuing a career in construction management, engineering, or a related field within construction. The scholarships for undergraduates are $2,500 per year and can be renewed for up to four years for a maximum of $10,000.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Recipients must be Indiana residents of Lake, Porter, La Porte, Newton, Jasper, or Starke Counties
- Recipients must be pursuing a career in construction or related field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Project Management, etc.)
- High school GPA > 3.0
- Pass an annual hair follicle drug test
- Evaluation of applicants participation in extra curricular activities in school and/or community
- Recipient must be U.S. Citizen
- Full or part-time students are eligible. Part-time students will be funded on a proportional basis
- No restriction as to school the student attends (applications from students attending online schools are discouraged from applying)
USE OF FUNDS
Scholarship funds are restricted to tuition, fees, books, and room and board only. Payments will be made to student with submission of receipts, or directly to the school upon receipt of an invoice.
- Completed application form
- Letters of Recommendation from 3 people (teacher, employer, coach, scout leader, church leader, etc.)
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores
- Proof of acceptance / enrollment in college / university
- Declaration of major field
- An essay on “Why I am interested in a career in the Construction Industry. (300 words)
Applications are due by March 29, 2019.